Thursday, March 29, 2012

Our New Life

Things have changed so much for our family over the last six months.  In October 2011 DJ left for Basic Training with the Army in Fort Sill, Oklahoma.  I was working at a new job at Select Specialty Hospital and I was happy.  As hard as it was to be without of him for 2 and 1/2 months, we made it and are stronger for it.  While he was in Oklahoma I was living with my mom, which was a big help with the first seperation from my husband.  While DJ was gone our lives were changed by the passing of my great-grandfather a few weeks after DJ had shipped out.  While DJ was gone we started talking about the idea of beginning our family.  One time while we were talking on our weekly phone calls DJ took me off guard by telling me he was ready to start our family.  I was so excited by the fact that everything was coming together.  I went to Oklahoma in December with DJ's mom, sister, and her husband to see DJ graduate.  I was so excited when we were reunited and seeing him all dressed up in his dress uniform and couldn't believe we were finally together again.  He was home for a little over 2 weeks and the time went by so fast.
Before I knew it, the morning had come where it was time to say goodbye once again.  DJ's AIT is at Fort Eustis in Newport News, Virginia.  I moved to be with him in the beginning of February because his school is 6 months long.  Before I moved, I had been feeling very ill and couldn't shake the feeling that something was up.
On January 22, 2012 I was at my friend Dannielle's house and took a pregnancy test at 1AM and it was positive.  I was so excited and couldn't wait to tell DJ the following morning.  We were so shocked that we were expecting so soon after beginning to try.  We can't wait to meet our little creation in September.
I am now a stay at home wife and going to school for Medical Transcription and Editing. 
Life is so amazing!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment